Download why we sleep unlocking the power of sleep and dreams pdf
Why we sleep unlocking the power of sleep and dreams is a book by Matthew Walker, PhD.
Sleep seems to be the most unproductive thing we don we spent a third of our lives motionless when we could be getting stuff done, but if you could see what the brain was doing while you slept, you’d see that not only is sleep productive, it might be the most productive thing you do all day.
Author and doctor Matthew Walker, has studied sleep for over two decades , and he’s found that during a full night of sleep our brains transition between three types of sleep:
- Deep sleep,
- Light sleep,
- and REM sleep
Contents Why we sleep unlocking the power of sleep and dreams – Matthew Walker, PhD
- – Part 1 –
- This thing Called Sleep
- Chapter 1 To Sleep . . .
- Chapter 2 Caffeine, Jet Lag, and Melatonin: Losing and Gaining Control of
- Your Sleep Rhythm
- Chapter 3 Defining and Generating Sleep: Time Dilation and What We
- Learned from a Baby in 1952
- Chapter 4 Ape Beds, Dinosaurs, and Napping with Half a Brain: Who
- Sleeps, How Do We Sleep, and How Much?
- Chapter 5 Changes in Sleep Across the Life Span
- – Part 2 –
- Why Should You Sleep?
- Chapter 6 Your Mother and Shakespeare Knew: The Benefits of Sleep for
- the Brain
- Chapter 7 Too Extreme for the Guinness Book of World Records: Sleep
- Deprivation and the Brain
- Chapter 8 Cancer, Heart Attacks, and a Shorter Life: Sleep Deprivation and
- the Body
- – Part 3 –
- How and Why We Dream
- Chapter 9 Routinely Psychotic: REM-Sleep Dreaming
- Chapter 10 Dreaming as Overnight therapy
- Chapter 11 Dream Creativity and Dream Control
- – Part 4 –
- From Sleeping Pills to Society Transformed
- Chapter 12 Things that Go Bump in the Night: Sleep Disorders and Death
- Caused by No Sleep
- Chapter 13 iPads, Factory Whistles, and Nightcaps: What’s Stopping You
- from Sleeping?
- Chapter 14 Hurting and Helping Your Sleep: Pills vs. therapy
- Chapter 15 Sleep and Society: What Medicine and Education Are Doing
- Wrong; What Google and NASA Are Doing Right
- Chapter 16 A New Vision for Sleep in the Twenty-First Century
- Conclusion: To Sleep or Not to Sleep
- About the Author
- Appendix: Twelve Tips for Healthy Sleep
Book info of book Why we sleep PDF
|Book Title: Why we sleep unlocking the power of sleep and dreams|
|Author: Matthew Walker, PhD|
|Category: Human Developement|
|Pages: 381 Pages|